Marketing and Communications Director
Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications
Forward Arkansas is a nonprofit organization co-founded in 2015 by the Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation and the Walton Family Foundation. We drive bold, equitable change in Arkansas education to transform learning and improve outcomes for every student.
Forward works statewide to establish a shared innovative vision for education in Arkansas. We partner with state and district leaders, educators and communities to lead our state toward a future education system that is equitable, student-centered and prepares all students for success in life and career.
We are currently seeking a manager to support Forward’s strategic marketing and communication efforts. Thought leadership, elevating educator and community voice, and engaging key stakeholders in the corporate and philanthropic sectors are critical to Forward’s position as a leader in Arkansas education. The Manager, Marketing and Communications will lead Forward’s efforts, in collaboration with the Executive Director and senior leadership team, to uncover insights and develop and implement marketing, branding and communications strategies that:
- elevate Forward as an education thought leader and influencer in Arkansas and nationally; and
- build awareness of Forward as an innovative partner and resource in communities, among educators and with key stakeholders throughout Arkansas
The Manager, Marketing and Communications will demonstrate a hypothesis-driven and outcome-oriented mindset, a high-level of creativity and a bias toward action, especially in ambiguity.
- Lead the development of an effective and efficient marketing strategy focused on elevating Forward’s profile and growing key audiences
- Spearhead the strategic and tactical execution of marketing campaigns, including design of test/control segmentation, implementation of tests, tracking, results reporting, analysis, and recommendations
- Coordinate and conduct marketing and communications campaigns that will reach key audiences and further organizational goals
- Provide support in researching, developing and editing content for press releases, blogs, white papers, website copy, etc.
- Manage and update website content
- Lead and manage Forward’s social media strategy and activities
- Define key performance indicators for each communications channel
- Build influencers list and groups and conduct outreach
Forward is seeking a highly motivated professional. Successful candidates will have:
- A strong work ethic and a detail-oriented approach
- Comfort in new or unprecedented contexts
- Prior experience working in a marketing or communications role
- Proven success designing and executing marketing and communications strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to think analytically and strategically
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Capability to simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines
- Familiarity or experience working with CRM software and web development tools (e.g. wordpress, squarespace, wix) are ideal
Please submit your resume and responses to the below questions to Courtney Lincoln at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What do you find gives you the most energy on a daily basis in your current role?
- What do you find drains the most energy?
- What characteristics about you give you the confidence to thrive on a small team tackling big problems?