Forward Arkansas is a nonprofit organization co-founded in 2015 by the Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation and Walton Family Foundation. We drive bold, equitable change in Arkansas education to transform learning and improve outcomes for every student.
Forward works with key stakeholders statewide to establish a shared vision for education in Arkansas. We partner with state and district leaders, educators and communities to lead our state toward a future education system that is equitable, student-centered and prepares all students for success in life and career.
We are currently seeking a full-time associate to support and improve Forward’s program and operations efforts. The Associate, Operations and Program will provide day-to-day operations, administrative, and program support. The position will report to the Senior Director of Programs but also directly support the Executive Director.
- Manage and improve day-to-day operations and processes including employee expenses, vacation/leave, benefits, and technology support
- Assisting accounting and payroll as needed
- Complete key administrative tasks including scheduling of board meetings, management of board meeting preparation, coordination of grant reporting, etc.
- Support logistics and preparation for in-person and virtual events
- Support the recruitment, tracking, and coordination of school district leaders, school leaders, and teachers in Forward programs
- Lead special projects which may include research on key program areas/topics
- A strong work ethic and a detail-oriented approach
- Comfort in new or unprecedented contexts
- Minimum 2 years experience in a professional environment including specific experience in operations management
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Google Workspace (i.e. google docs, sheets, slides)
- Proactive and solution-oriented
- Ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision
Please submit your resume and responses to the below questions to Courtney Lincoln at email@example.com.
- What do you find gives you the most energy on a daily basis in your current role?
- What do you find drains the most energy?
- What characteristics about you give you the confidence to thrive on a small team tackling big problems?