Position: Manager, Communications
Forward Arkansas is a nonprofit organization co-founded in 2015 by the Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation and Walton Family Foundation. We drive bold, equitable change in Arkansas education to transform learning and improve outcomes for every student.
Forward works with key stakeholders statewide to establish a shared vision for education in Arkansas. We partner with state and district leaders, educators and communities to lead our state toward a future education system that is equitable, student-centered and prepares all students for success in life and career.
We are currently seeking a manager to support Forward’s strategic communication efforts. Thought leadership, elevating educator voice, and engaging communities are critical to Forward’s position as a leader in Arkansas education. The Manager, Communications will lead the execution of our communication efforts working closely with the Executive Director and Chief of Staff. The Manager, Communications will demonstrate a hypothesis-driven and outcome-oriented mindset, with a bias toward action, especially in ambiguity.
- Develop and implement marketing and communications campaigns and strategies and monitor their success
- Coordinate and conduct strategic communications campaigns that will further organizational goals
- Provide support in researching, developing and editing content for press releases, blogs, white papers, website copy, etc.
- Manage and update website content
- Manage social media engagement activities and ensure that all channels have regular activity and relevant content
- Define key performance indicators for each communications channel
- Build influencers list and groups and conduct outreach
Forward is seeking a highly motivated professional. Successful candidates will have:
- A strong work ethic and a detail-oriented approach
- Comfort in new or unprecedented contexts
- Prior experience working in a marketing or communications role
- Proven success designing and executing marketing and communications strategies and campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to think analytically and strategically
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Great multitasker and capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines
- Familiarity or experience working with CRM software and web development tools (e.g. wordpress, squarespace, wix) are ideal
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Courtney Lincoln at email@example.com.